This page comprises an incomplete but sporadically updated overview of the work that is done within the SESAM-project.
Current versions of the WASA-model and auxiliary tools will be available for download.
Some of the documents presented here may be "uncitable" preliminary versions. Comments and suggestions are generally appreciated by the respective author.
- PhD / Doctoral thesis
- MSc thesis / Final year work
- SESAM working papers
- SESAM presentations and posters
- Interesting links
- WASA-SED executable for Windows for source-code and latest updates see git repository
- WASA-SED technical documentation users manual
- Example Input data for WASA-SED example dataset for WASA-SED
- lumpR: an R package facilitating landscape discretisation for hillslope-based hydrological models (including WASA-SED)
- visualize_tc_results (Oct 08) scripts (Fortran, R) for visualizing TC-wise WASA-SED results
- GOLMdb (Sept 09) database framework and scripts for time series management
- A. Cunha Costa, 2012.
Analyzing and Modelling of Flow Transmission Processes in River-Systems with a Focus on Semi-Arid Conditions PhD-thesis No. 5969, University of Potsdam, Germany.
- Carlos A. Gomes Costa, 2012.
Soil moisture and water availability in the root zone of preserved Caatinga biome PhD-thesis, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brazil.
- J. A. López-Tarazón, 2011.
The sediment budget of a highly erodible catchment. The River Isábena (Ebro basin, Central Pyrenees). PhD-thesis, University of Lleida, Spain.
- T. Francke, 2009.
Measurement and modelling of water and sediment fluxes in meso-scale dryland catchments. PhD-thesis No. 3152, University of Potsdam, Germany.
- V. Malveira, 2009.
Small reservoir system and hydrological sustainability in large semiarid basins: the case of Orós basin. PhD-thesis, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brazil.
- P. Medeiros, 2009.
Hydro-sedimentological processes and connectivity in a semiarid basin: modelling and validation in several scales. PhD-thesis, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brazil.
- G. Mamede, 2008.
Reservoir sedimentation in dryland catchments: Modelling and management. PhD-thesis No. 1704, University of Potsdam, Germany.
- Vanda Tereza Malveira
Hydro-sedimentological Impacts Assessment of Small Dams in the Orós Watershed, Ceará, Brazil. (abstract).
- Charlotte Wilczok
Bitemporale Analyse von Bodenbedeckungsgraden durch MESMA Entmischung von hyperspektralen Fernerkundungsdaten (2013)
Find a version with low resolution graphics (5 MB) here
- Iris Kleine
Monitoring of seasonal changes in water surface areas with TerraSAR-X in a semi-arid catchment in Ceará, Northeast Brazil (2012)
- Anita Becker
Quantification of the temporal storage at characteristic cross-sections at the Isabena river in the Pre-Pyrenees of Spain (2007)
- Conrad Jackisch
Towards applied modeling of the human-eco-system an approach of hydrology based integrated modeling of a semi-arid sub-catchment in rural north-west India (2007) - related work using WASA
- Alexandre Cunha Costa
Hydrology Of An Experimental Basin In Caatinga Conserved In The Brazilian Semi-Arid - finished
- Katharina Appel
Characterisation and sediment-transport modelling of badlands in the Isabena Watershed, NE Spain (2006)
- Benjamin Creutzfeldt
Remote sensing based characterisation of land cover and terrain properties for hydrological modelling in the semi-arid Northeast of Brazil (2006)
- Conrad Jackisch
Estimation of the water balance of the Aiuaba Experimental Catchment, Ceara, Brazil (2006)
- Björn Guse
Statistical analysis and comparison of rainfall characteristics from the semi-arid Bengue Catchment, NE Brazil and the Isabena Catchment, NE Spain (2005)
- Florian Hacker
Estimation of transmission losses by infiltration at rivers in the semi-arid Federal State of Ceara (Brazil) (2005)
- Eva Nora Müller et al. (December 2006)
The SESAM Project - annual report 2006 SESAM Project annual report 2006, University of Potsdam
- Eva Nora Müller et al. (January 2006)
The SESAM Project - annual report 2005 SESAM Project annual report 2005, University of Potsdam
- Eva Nora Müller, Till Francke (December 2005)
Parameterisation of the Aiuaba and Bengue Experimental Basins, Ceara, NE Brazil technical working report, University of Potsdam
- Eva Nora Müller (August 2005)
Extension of the WASA model: Water and sediment routing in the river network. SESAM Project Working Paper, University of Potsdam
- Eva Nora Müller (May 2005)
Water and sediment fluxes through the river system: modelling and measurement. SESAM Project Working Paper, University of Potsdam
- Till Francke & Alexander Zimmermann (April 2012)
Sediment rating Curve & Co. - A contest of prediction methods. Poster EGU 2012, Vienna, April, 2012
- Till Francke (May 2009)
Measurement and Modelling of Water and Sediment Fluxes in Meso-Scale Dryland Catchments PhD-defense presentation, Potsdam
- Till Francke et al. (April 2009)
Modelling of sediment yield of the highly-erodible meso-scale Isábena basin (Central Spanish Pyrenees) Poster presentated at EGU assembly 2009, Vienna
- Till Francke et al. (April 2008)
Assessment of sediment yield and reservoir siltation using non-parametric regression and numerical modelling Oral presentation at EGU assembly 2008, Vienna
- Eva Nora Mueller et al. (April 2008)
WASA-SED: Application of a new modelling tool in dryland regions in Spain and Brazil Oral presentation at EGU assembly 2008, Vienna
- George Mamede et al. (April 2007)
Effects of Small Reservoirs on Water and Sediment Budgets in Semiarid Areas Poster presented at EGU assembly 2007, Vienna
- Axel Bronstert et al. (April 2007)
Erosion and Sediment Transport – Measurement and Modelling from Headwaters to large Catchments: A Research Project to reduce Reservoir Sedimentation in semi-arid Environments Poster presented at EGU assembly 2007, Vienna
- Till Francke et al. (April 2007)
Suspended-sediment fluxes at the hillslope and catchment scale during a season of monitoring erosion hot spots in the Isábena catchment (Central Spanish Pyrenees) Poster presented at EGU assembly 2007, Vienna
- Katharina Appel et al. (April 2006)
Soil-Erosion Modelling along Badland Hillslopes in a Dryland Environment of NE Spain Poster presented at EGU assembly 2006, Vienna
- Till Francke et al. (April 2006)
Spatial discretisation in semi-distributed hydrological modelling with WASA using the Landscape Unit Mapping Program (LUMP) Poster presented at EGU assembly 2006, Vienna
- Eva Nora Müller et al. (April 2006)
Dryland River Modelling of Water and Sediment Fluxes using a Representative River Stretch Approach Poster presented at EGU assembly 2006, Vienna
- Breuer L., Frede H.-G., 2003.
PlaPaDa - an online plant parameter data drill for eco-hydrological modelling approaches.
- Bunte, Kristin; Abt, Steven R. 2001. Sampling surface and subsurface particle-size distributions in wadable gravel-and cobble-bed streams for analyses in sediment transport, hydraulics, and streambed monitoring. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-74. Fort Collins,CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 428 p.
- Global Runoff Data Centre (GRDC).
- Herrick, J. E., Van Zee, J. W. Havstad, K. M., Burkett, L. M., Whitford, W. G., 2005. Monitoring Manual for Grassland, Shrubland and Savanna Ecosystems. USDA-ARS Jornada Experimental Range, Las Cruces, New Mexico.